This workshop is suitable for students and staff who demand in writing and submitting academic papers with LaTeX. LaTeX is a widely used document preparation system, especially in science and engineering papers. The workshop will introduce basic typesetting commands in LaTeX. The following topics will be covered:
1. How to configure LaTeX
2. Components of a LaTeX document
3. Typesetting text
4. Typesetting mathematical equations
5. How to insert images and tables into a LaTeX document
After this session, you are expected to be able to:
1. Know how to install LaTeX on your laptop
2. Gain experience of typesetting academic papers
3. Develop your understanding
s of structured writing
Please be Noted:
• This session will be delivered online via Zoom.
• Before the start of the training, the Zoom link and password will be sent to registrants.
Time Zone: China, Singapore (change)