Python Workshop Session 2: Visualizing Financial Data from WRDS with Python
- Wednesday, December 6, 2023
- 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- Library 516
- SIP Campus
Data tells a story, and visualization is the language! In this engaging workshop, delve deeper into Python's capabilities as we transform raw financial data from WRDS into insightful visual narratives. Building on the foundation of our previous session, we'll teach you the art and science of data visualization, making your analyses more compelling and understandable.
* Recap of Data Collection from Python Workshop Session 1
* Introduction to Data Visualization in Python
* Visualizing Financial Data
* Q&A and Wrap-up
Dr. Xiangyun Lu, Assistant Professor, International Business School Suzhou, XJTLU
Dr. Lu has served as Library Liaison Officer for years to bridge between School and Library. As Director of IBSS Digital Accounting Lab, she is specialised in Python and her research interests lie in the field of applying new AI algorithm/method to Accounting and Finance research.
Library 516, SIP Campus
1. Attendance of Python Workshop Session 1 is recommended but not mandatory.
2. Please bring your own laptop for the hands-on exercises.